Hate those flabby “lunch lady arms” as my mom calls them? Yes, you can do bicep curls all day but it’s not until you add in some tricep work that you’ll see that hard-to-tone under part of the arm firm up. Try this exercise on for size that can be done almost anywhere.
- Start with your hands shoulder-width apart on a sturdy surface. This can be a chair, a table, a bench or anything along those lines.
- Position your body in front of the chair, bending your knees and pointing your toes forward with your knees and feet should be about hip-width apart.
- Straighten out your arms up and maintain a slight bend in the elbows to avoid hyper-extending (or “locking out”) the elbow joint.
- Slowly, with control, bend your elbows and lower your upper body down towards the floor until Now slowly bend at your elbows and lower your upper body down towards the floor until your arms and elbows create a 90 degree angle.
- Breathe then slowly press back up the starting position, again being cautious not to lock your elbows.
3 extra tips:
- If you need more of a challenge, try extending one or both of your legs out in front of you. By walking out the legs you widen your base of support which makes the same motion harder.
- Your back should be close to the chair or bench and that as you lower and lift your arms are doing the work and not your bottom simply lifting up and down.
- http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Do-Triceps-Dips-1055754 has two great illustrations to demonstrate this move if the explanation above isn’t jiving.
- Goal 2014 : Great Arms (thickchickfitnessblog.wordpress.com)
- Form Friday – Reverse Pushups (byoufitness.com)
- fluctuate the grasp (prenxi.wordpress.com)
- Tips on Dips (everittfitness.wordpress.com)
- Arm Challenge Day 1: (thehealthhump.com)
- 8 Essential Strength Moves for Beginning Runners (news.health.com)
- GR Lunch Lady Arrested for Allegedly Paying to Have Child Beaten Up (fox17online.com)
- How to kill your triceps workouts! (fitnesspoint1.wordpress.com)
- Learn More about the Main Types of Lean Muscle Workouts! (aerobicssteps.net)
- Resistance Band Exercises (fabinyour40s.wordpress.com)