I am lucky. I am an hourglass. With age and weight loss and gain both my large bust and round rear and hips have been dragged by gravity , though not as badly as it could be. I want to find a way to build that body that defied both gravity and logic ,without surgery. The question is; do make your butt bigger or just firmer? Various experts in maintain that squats can make your butt bigger but , can also make your behind smaller. It all depends on how you do this movement . In most instances, squatting can just mold your . Executing squats properly to increase the development of your butt muscles.
- Do 1-to-2 sets of 8-to-15 reps using a light-to-moderate weight to warm-up and then…
- Do 4-to-6 sets of 4-to-12 reps with a weight that is heavy enough to ONLY allow you to do 4-to-12 reps so…
- Don’t expect to get a bigger butt & thicker thighs using a weight where you know you can do way more than 12 reps and…
- You only need to do squats 1-to-2 days a week and take 1 week off every 2-to-6 weeks and…
Try to increase the amount of weight and/or reps you do in each workout or in each individual set you do (but do no more than 12 reps per set)
So going by the workout plan above – Your squat workout should look something like this*…
- 15 pounds for 8 reps
- 25 pounds for 8 reps
- 30 pounds for 6 reps
- 45 pounds for 6 reps
- 50 pounds for 7 reps
*Please note: The weights used in the example may be too heavy or too light for you so make sure you only use weights that are moderate-to-heavy for you and when using heavy weights,make sure you use a spotter or a another person to help you do your squats in a squat rack . I like to use dumbbells for squatting if there is not spotter available.
Keeping a journal of how many reps, sets and the amount of weight you used so that you can keep up with your growth and to what degree you are getting better. It will also help you to know when you should push yourself to the next level.
If you did 5 sets of squats doing 8 reps & using 40 pounds for each set then the next time you do squats you might want to increase by 5 lbs total. The key is to get stronger each workout or to beat your last workout so you can get muscle gain and growth.
9 things you must do to get a rounder and firmer butt doing squats
- Place the bar on your upper middle back and hold it with a wide grip.
- Place your feet wider than shoulder width.
- Point your toes out at a 45 degree angle.
- Keep your head up & Look straight ahead.
- Squatting down as deep as you can is the most important so the deeper the better. Do some stretching if you have trouble going down deep for your squats.
- Push back up thru your heels to activate your butt muscles
Bonus tip: Pause for 2-to-5 seconds at the bottom to better activate your butt muscles.
Another Bonus Tip: You can do 2 sets of butt bridges, hip thrust or reverse hyper-extensions for 8-to-20 reps before your squat workout to pre-exhaust your butt muscles to get a better butt workout with squats.
Challenge:Push yourself to not use light weights & ONLY Use weights that will allow you to only do 4-to-12 reps at a time.
Here’s 2 other squat variations you can do for a higher rounder butt & stronger thighs following the same guidelines
If you don’t have access to weights or a gym…
Here’s 2 more squat variations you can do without any equipment…
1. Chair Squats http://youtu.be/IRhFRdxExv0
2. Jump Squats http://youtu.be/utQShuge6Vk
- Don’t Forget Your Squats! (theactivefeed.com)
- booty sculpting (winfromwithn.wordpress.com)
- Lower Body Workout (k2performancetraining.com)
- Depth Before Dishonor (nicolecapurso.wordpress.com)
- #WorkoutWednesday: Bigger Butt Workout (teamfitthick.wordpress.com)
- Harley Pasternak: 6 Tummy-Toning, Butt-Sculpting Workout Moves for 2014 (greatideas.people.com)
- Drop it like a squat (belkuek.wordpress.com)
- 6 Squat Variations For Total-Body Strength (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)
- Squats Are Safe, But You’re Probably Doing Them Wrong (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)
- Better Than The Brazilian Butt Lift (cklementsblog.wordpress.com)