I want to run. Actually, I want to want to run. I want to be one of these super fit people that go running. That ruin miles, that run fucking marathons. I like runners, Jennifer Aniston, Elizabeth Banks… I admire runners. I am attracted to and by runners. If you say you went for a run, you win the fitness challenge. They are not more fit than you unless you are birds and they say they went for a fly.Truth!
I can’t get my mind wrapped around the act of running though. I mean , I have all that I need to do it . I have feet. I have space. I have time. I have desire …. and I have a major amount of fear. Fear of running, am I alone? I fear failing. I fear vomiting. I fear looking like some people that I watch running on Memorial , looking like I am coming apart or like I am being chased by something scary ( you ever see people that just look odd running) and I can’t get away. I know that shouldn’t matter but I promised you honesty and yes I fear those things.
I want to do a marathon in 2015 , I am finally close enough to my goal that I can actually start preparing to run ( at 270 lbs running would have been torture) but it is something that I have to really push myself on. Is it better to try on a treadmill first and then go on the trail? Where to begin. What is the best way to go , should I get a partner. And of course , how cute will I look in my jogging outfit?
- Getting Over Fear and the One (jmoffatt7586.wordpress.com)
- OK! Loves: Jennifer Aniston’s Honesty On Turning 45, Her Iconic Hair and Moving Past Rumors! (okmagazine.com)
- Be Brave, Conquer Fear (sagarikadebbarma.wordpress.com)
- Jennifer Aniston Says Her 30s Was Her Awkward Phase (y98.cbslocal.com)
- Friday, the 13th – no fear with a different view (examiner.com)
- “Watch, my eyes are filled with fear.” (acollettster.wordpress.com)
- 2013 – My Year Of Running (reach-yourpeak.com)
- Dress Your Best For Your Upcoming Marathon Run (wholesalehalloweencostumes.com)
- Return of the Runner (twentysomethingrunner.com)
- Ringing in the running “New Year” (onceandfuturerunner.com)